- Tropical fruit cheesecake
- Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
- Coconut Cinnamon Buns
- Dukkha Encrusted Salmon
- Lemon passionfruit Meringue Pie
- Cashew Butter Chicken
- Phyllo Potato Pie
- Merengue Layered Cake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Traditional Paella
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Roll-ups
- Mini Ham and Cheese Tarts
- Layered houmous, tabbouleh & feta picnic bowl
- Bulghar wheat & rocket tabbouleh
- Kale tabbouleh
- Lentil and Chicken Salad with Raisins and Feta Cheese
- Carrot, Courgette & Cheese Mini Savoury Pancakes
- Provencal Lamb Shank recipe
- Blackberry and Apple Galette with Citrus Chantilly recipe
- Crayfish in Avocado recipe
- Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe
- Baby Calamari with Garlic & Herb Stuffing recipe
- Source: Foodista
- Chickpea, Ricotta and Sprout Rissoles recipe
- Hell’s Chicken recipe
- Sauteed BBQ Chicken Breast recipe
Mini Ham and Cheese Tarts
Having a party and looking for some easy snacks? This recipe for Mini Ham and Cheese Tarts is perfect – quick, simple and the results are delish!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
1/4 tsp salt
5 and 1/2 tbsp butter, diced
1-2 tbsp water
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup light cream
1/2 cup grated cheddar or Mozzarella cheese
3 spring onions, chopped finely (optional)
salt and cayenne pepper
ham – as much as you’d like (roughly 1-2 packs of sliced ham for a guideline)
To make the dough, strain the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub it in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Stir in the water, bring together to form a dough, and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured counter, stamp out 12 circles from the dough using a 3-inch (7 cm) cookie cutter and use them to line a shallow muffin pan.
To make the filling, whisk the beaten egg, cream, grated cheese, ham and spring onions together in a pitcher. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
Pour the filling mixture into the tart shells and bake in a preheated oven, 180C for 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is just set.
Serve hot or transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
– See more at: http://all4recipes.all4women.co.za/recipe-items/mini-ham-and-cheese-tarts-recipe