- Tropical fruit cheesecake
- Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
- Coconut Cinnamon Buns
- Dukkha Encrusted Salmon
- Lemon passionfruit Meringue Pie
- Cashew Butter Chicken
- Phyllo Potato Pie
- Merengue Layered Cake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Traditional Paella
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Roll-ups
- Mini Ham and Cheese Tarts
- Layered houmous, tabbouleh & feta picnic bowl
- Bulghar wheat & rocket tabbouleh
- Kale tabbouleh
- Lentil and Chicken Salad with Raisins and Feta Cheese
- Carrot, Courgette & Cheese Mini Savoury Pancakes
- Provencal Lamb Shank recipe
- Blackberry and Apple Galette with Citrus Chantilly recipe
- Crayfish in Avocado recipe
- Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe
- Baby Calamari with Garlic & Herb Stuffing recipe
- Source: Foodista
- Chickpea, Ricotta and Sprout Rissoles recipe
- Hell’s Chicken recipe
- Sauteed BBQ Chicken Breast recipe
Crayfish in Avocado recipe
Lovely recipe for Crayfish in Avocado with a sherry mayonaise. Plus, you can win a great South African cookbook.
salt and milled black pepper
paprika, for garnishing
lemon wedges, for squeezing
125ml medium cream sherry
Place the crayfish in a medium saucepan with a cupful of cold water. Cover and boil for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on size. Deshell, devein and cut the tail meat into small cubes. Snap the claws and extricate the meat. Cut off the tail shell.
Cut the avocado in half; remove and discard the peel and pip. Slice slivers from the rounded sides so they stand level. Brush the cut edges with lemon juice to avoid discolouration, and season with a little salt and pepper. Place the avocado halves on serving plates.
Pour the sherry into a small saucepan and boil uncovered until reduced to a thin syrup. Allow to cool, then mix in the cream, mayonnaise and crayfish meat. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon the crayfish into the avocado hollows and sprinkle with a little paprika. Garnish with the tail shells and place lemon wedges on the side for squeezing.
Recipe sourced from Lannice Snyman’s Tortoises & Tumbleweeds. Visit www.lannicesnyman.com for more information.