Bulghar wheat & rocket tabbouleh
- 100g bulghar wheat
- juice 1 lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 70g bag rocket
- small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 110g pack pomegranate seeds (or seeds from 1 pomegranate)
- Rinse the bulghar wheat in a sieve under cold running water, then tip it into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-12 mins or until tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice into a jug. Add the spices, then whisk continuously as you add the olive oil. Season well, then pour over the bulghar.
- Fold through the rocket, parsley and spring onions, scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, May 2015