- Tropical fruit cheesecake
- Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
- Coconut Cinnamon Buns
- Dukkha Encrusted Salmon
- Lemon passionfruit Meringue Pie
- Cashew Butter Chicken
- Phyllo Potato Pie
- Merengue Layered Cake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Traditional Paella
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Roll-ups
- Mini Ham and Cheese Tarts
- Layered houmous, tabbouleh & feta picnic bowl
- Bulghar wheat & rocket tabbouleh
- Kale tabbouleh
- Lentil and Chicken Salad with Raisins and Feta Cheese
- Carrot, Courgette & Cheese Mini Savoury Pancakes
- Provencal Lamb Shank recipe
- Blackberry and Apple Galette with Citrus Chantilly recipe
- Crayfish in Avocado recipe
- Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe
- Baby Calamari with Garlic & Herb Stuffing recipe
- Source: Foodista
- Chickpea, Ricotta and Sprout Rissoles recipe
- Hell’s Chicken recipe
- Sauteed BBQ Chicken Breast recipe
Merengue Layered Cake
A crispy and sweet treat – Merengue Layered Cake
7 egg whites
7 tablespoons sugar
5ml vanilla essence
1 cup granulated sugar
200 g walnuts
250 g butter
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/2 cup rum
Place the egg whites, sugar and vanilla in a heat resistant bowl.
And place this bowl into a larger one, full of boiling water and set on heat.
Beat the whites until thick. Bake 3 sheets out of this mixture.
The procedure is as follows: cut 3 equal rounds of white paper, the size of a round layer cake.
Grease each paper round with oil and place it on the inverted bottom of a baking pan.
Place a uniform layer of egg whites (1/3 of the mixture) on the greased circle and bake at very low heat.
When done, place the rounds face down on the work surface, moisten the paper with water and pull it off.
Fill these rounds with cream.
To get the cream, caramelize a cup of granulated sugar; when it starts to turn yellow, add the slightly roasted
walnuts and let them roast a little with the Sugar, mixing continuously.
After the mixture turns a deeper gold, remove from heat and turn onto an oil greased plate to cool.
In the meantime, beat the butter with 3 tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar and vanilla or rum, adding the finely crushed walnuts.
Put 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts aside for garnish.
Spread this cream over the sheets, place one on top of the other and cover with the same cream.
Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of crushed walnuts.
– See more at: http://all4recipes.all4women.co.za/recipe-items/a-crispy-and-sweet-treat-merengue-layered-cake#sthash.FCHcTOj4.dpuf